• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

2 1/2 weeks later

A little over two weeks ago I called my Dr regarding my symptoms- 3 weeks off steroids just starting Humira and things are not going well. After two weeks the NP called me and said she would speak to the Dr and call be back that day. That was last Wed. no call back. In between that time I had two ER visits, I was put back on Prednisone sat by the ER Doc. Today I called the office mgr at my GI office and she finally spoke to the Dr. I doubt its CD come in for a visit. I said have someone call me and tell me why after two weeks they want to see me and
why they feel its not CD and what are they looking at. NP called said we think you have IBS, go off Pred. I said great but I am curious, why did you not call me back last week. Well, seems the Dr didn't answer her. I asked as a NP where was her responsibility in dealing with the pt?

I spent 50 days in the hospital this summer in 4 separate admits. Had a blood transfusion, more GI bleeding, ended up with rectal prolapse, and a few blood clots in my lungs. I am beyond upset and more than ready to throw in the towel.

I lost my medical ins when my husband died in 2017 so my options a slim.

I have never been one to give up, but I am ready to walk away from medical care the frustration is more than I can handle!!!!

Lauren

Someone dropped the ball there. I'm sorry you're being treated like this. Is it possible for you to switch to a different doctor? If you don't get a call back, maybe just keep calling them until you do. Your doctor probably got the test results by the ER, and that's what they are basing it on.

My husband passed away a little over a year ago and I lost my medical ins. Currently trying to get SSDI, spent 50 days in the hospital this past summer. I was to get a call back yesterday from the NP at the office, still waiting.

its been a rough few years and I am tired of crappy and tired of having to hassle my Dr to get care.

Just very overwhelmed!

Lauren