• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

24 & diagnosed in 2012 but decided to ignore my condition .

I was diagnosed with crohns back in 2012, I went for months
Suffering with very bad abdominal pain, diarrioah, and lost a lot of weight. Honestly though I was not living a very healthy lifestyle . I was living alone, working in a bar ful time, and a bit of a party animal. I liked the weight loss symptom because I always had a bit of weight on me in the past . I was 22 at the time and single. So long story short, ended up wer I got to a stage wer I became anaemic , suffered with joint pain then went the doc and she told me she thought it was IBD. Never heard if it in me life!! Took a while for my proper diagnosis , was put on a course of steriods and pentasa and my flare soon cleared up. I took the meds for a while then stopped when I felt better. I was finding it difficult paying for the meds every month & to be honest didn't realise how serious crohns actually is. Lied to Friemds and family bout going to hospital appointments n taking me tabs. Two years on got another flare and now my condition is moderate takkmg imuran and pentasa . So ye that's me.

Lady Organic

Staff member
Hi,
you are not alone who's been through such attitude towards health. I was somewhat like that when i got diagnosed at 22 too. it took a lot of time before I decided to take care of myself. The important is to concentrate on the present and feel responsible regarding your current treatment and GI fallow up appointments and future health. best wishes.