• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

25 years in...

My name is Tyler and I've had Crohn's for 25 years now. I've only had four flare-ups, and no surgeries, so I have to say I've been very fortunate to have a mild case of the disease. I've taken Prednisone, Asacol and now Entocort, but mostly I have been symptom free from diet and stress management. Anyway, it's nice to meet everyone. Thanks for reading.

Welcome TIR, I've had Crohn's for around 23 years now so not far behind you.

I've had a few more flares than you and more medication but all in all I'm not doing too badly.

Hope you won't need this forum too much!

Layla - Thanks! What has your experience with Humira been? My doctor really wants me to go on it but I'm nervous.

Welcome. I've had crohns for 17 years and only 2 flairs so it's nice to hear that there's others who have the disease and have been fortunate to keep it under control.

Layla - Thanks! What has your experience with Humira been? My doctor really wants me to go on it but I'm nervous.
Humira worked just about instantly for me but that only lasted during the loading doses so around a month. I'm now on weekly shots and I think it's starting to have results.
I had had no side effects from Humira at all and much prefer it over anything else I've been on so far. Yes the shots do hurt but I use a syringe rather than the pen and it's only 10 seconds. I do it before bed so forget about it quickly.

All medication has a scary side to it but I was unmedicated for many years and the result was a bowel resection because of narrowing of the bowel due to scarring, you can't keep cutting bits out so medication is in order. For me the risk of more surgery is scarier than the medication.
HTH