• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

26 year Veteran Crohn's Disease

Hello. I'm a vet of CD. Diagnosed in 1994. Maybe before some on here were born. A time when pre existing health insurance wasn't available or cost was enormous; a time of minimal medication options; a time when CD was a closet problem; a time when there was no TV commercials about Crohn's. Times have changed. I am here to help with only personal knowledge and experiences of living a life with CD. I was about 20 years old when first experiencing problems. I will be 50years old this year. Hope I can help. Thanks. Walk by faith Not by Fear.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Welcome! Boy, time does go fast. Believe it or not, I was diagnosed 2 years later when I was 18. Although, I was told by my parents that I'd had symptoms pretty much all my life. Yup, things have changed a lot through the years and most of it is in a good way. Have a good day!!!!

Hi! I was diagnosed in 1992 at the age of 25. I had surgery (1 ft of small intestine and 6 in of large at the cecum) at the age of 26 and was in remission up until last year! Having a really tough time with it now. 😔

I was diagnosed with Colitis [then Spastic Colon] in 1981 and basically, after a course of steroid enemas, left to it. Some small flares over the years but nothing that ever even kept me off work. The last was in 2013, which resulted in 2 weeks ill in bed at home, 2 weeks in isolation at hospital, a loss of over 28lbs in weight over four weeks and a prognosis of Crohn's Colitis.