• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

2nd Loading Dose of Cimzia so far so good!

Hi Everyone !

I am a newbie to this forum. I was newly diagnosed with Crohns and went straight to Cimzia. I had my second loading dose on Monday and I fortunately have responsed very well. Has anyone experienced any major side effects? Also has this drug worked long term for anyone? I am very new to all of this and am happy that I am feeling better but wondering if it will last. Any information at all is so much appreciated!

Thanks so much!

nogutsnoglory

I'm so happy to hear the medication is working for you, I've had no side effects and have been on it for about five months.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi newway, I saw that you requested additional support. :) Sorry for the late reply.

I haven't taken Cimzia myself yet (I say yet because I will be starting it in about a month or so) but there are many threads in this section of the forum where people mention side effects. Here's one thread for example: http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=51669 Not everyone will experience severe side effects or any at all for that matter so hopefully you wont have to deal with any. I'm glad you've responded well to it. Keep us posted on your progress. :)