• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

3 Big Meals vs. 6 Small Meals

I've been listening to my body lately and it keeps telling me that I can't eat big meals. I tested out this theory last night by accident and had a terrible night and morning. Basically, I ate too much for dinner. Over the weeks, I've been eating about 5-6 small meals a day, spaced about 2 hours apart and I have more energy and feel better than ever. When I get on a schedule of eating those three regular meals (like everyone else) I feel really terrible, have more symptoms and zero energy.

Anyone else see this happening with themselves?

My typical small meal is tuna or chicken / rice or quinoa or barley / a cooked veggie, the whole thing fits into a small bowl.

yea colin, i have 5 or 6 smaller meals a day and eat small portions at a time it's better on the stomach because the food has time to digest properly. i also eat activa - bio-best yogurts probotic ones. they work well on the stomach for me anyway.but, i stay away from anything that says whole wheat, oat, corn, dairy products they are harder to digest. best wishes on your diet quest.

scott

Me too. If I eat a big meal, I just bloat and get pain. I'm on 16 tablets a day , and space them out during the day, taking with food so that helps with that too!

I have been doing 4 meals/ 3 snacks. and it' helps my heart burn a bit. or i'm less upset if i can't eat something because i know there is another meal soon. my meals are about 200 calories snacks are about 100.
I eat
breakfast
snack
lunch 1
snack
lunch 2
dinner
snack

YEah certainly. I've been eating small scattered means for years. Not only do I cater to my body's needs in terms of when to eat, but it yells out when I so much as think about eating a food that is bad for me, even if I haven't tried it before. Your GI tract becomes calibrated to the refrigerator/pantry after a while lol!