• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

30 hours in the ER

That must be a record! 30 hrs in ER dept. there aren't any beds at this damn hospital, I've been waiting for the "promised" room for an entire day! And my inflammation is now in both TI and colon. The Colon is a new one and painful- kudos to all of you that deal wit that one.
Cross your fingers that I will get a room so I can have my own bathroom. The one I'm next to is filthy, pee on the floor etc - not my favorite place to visit every 10 minutes!
:(

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I'm sorry you've been waiting so long. Are they at least treating you while you're there with an IV or something?

REALLY?! That's got to be a record! Yuck! I've NEVER had to share a room & have never heard of anyone in my state having to share a room, much less that nasty. When I went to the ER last week I got in within 15 minutes(counting registration) & was immediately given IV steroids, pain meds, CT & then shipped off to the 'Research Hospital'(amazing how fast you get in when you say 'I've been flaring for a few years').

I hope you get your own room & they keep giving you the 'good stuff' :) Prayers are always with my fellow Crohnies! (((HUGS!!))) I hope you get some relief!

My local ER is also horrible, with long waits and unsanitary restrooms. It stinks that you have to go through that, I hope they help you and you feel better soon. :)

''Cross your fingers that I will get a room so I can have my own bathroom. The one I'm next to is filthy, pee on the floor etc - not my favorite place to visit every 10 minutes! ''

They aren't heavily into infection control then....
Hope you are settled into a nice clean bed by now.

Last edited:
Update: I got a room! My bosses wife who is like a second mom called the hospital and unleashed her Irish temper. Don't know what she said or how many people got chewed out but 5 minutes later I had a room :)
Have a blessed day everyone !

Whoo hoo!!
Glad you finally got your own room. Hope they sort you out soon. I had UC in the whole of the colon and it hurt!
Xxxxxxxxxxxxx