• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

30 years of Crohn's

30 years of Crohn's and just got out of another week stay at Club Medical with another bowel ubsrustion. Trying to avoid a 3rd surgery, although it's been 12 years since the last one. Joined the forum to see what the latest is. Currently sitting at the infusion center getting round 1 of entivio. Remicade lost its effectiveness years ago.

we veterans of this illness are out here. problem is the long journey dealing with this illness takes a toll on you. the meds side effects are as toxic as the disease. have u considered complete removal of the bowel? Im not a fan of this option, but one day down this long road u may be faced with the decision. like myself.

we veterans of this illness are out here. problem is the long journey dealing with this illness takes a toll on you. the meds side effects are as toxic as the disease. have u considered complete removal of the bowel? Im not a fan of this option, but one day down this long road u may be faced with the decision. like myself.

Thanks guys. I started Entyvio 3 days ago and walked out of the infusion center and straight to the ER with another small bowel ubstruction. Currently inpatient with iv steroids.

Well I made it out after 3 weeks inpatient :rollseyes:
40mg of prednisone and try to get the entivio to work.
Still inflamed, still unsure if there is scarring or a constricter that has to come out. I'm laying on the couch with a 112 pulse.

I'm home and I feel better everyday.