• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

30 years with Crohn's

Hi all,
New to the forum.
My short story is I was diagnosed in early 1983 at 18 YO.
First small bowel resection 1987, second 1994, third 2000. None since then thank God.
At 48 I live a full life, take Choltrymine powder twice a day, deal with some really bad headaches but over all I count myself very fortunate.

I find state of mind to be very important in Crohn's management. Staying positive and living life to the full the best I can really helps.

I work out 5 days a week, cycle 100 mile events and do tri- athalons.

Stay positive, do what your doctor says and good luck.
Dean

Angrybird

Hello Dean and welcome to the forum :)

I take it at the moment the tum is settled for you? Due to the ops you have had have you ever had your vitamin levels checked and if so how recently? Did the headaches start with the Cholestyramine or before? How often do you now have check ups with the GI doc?

Enough questions I promise :) I am pleased you have decided to join and that you able to be so active - good for you!

AB
xx