• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

34 Years with Crohn's

Hello,

I just joined the forum. I have a long 34 year history with CD. I was in remission for the past 8 years until 3 weeks ago. I thought I was out of the woods and I was enjoying my life. Without warning my CD came back with a vengeance. I'm having all of the typical symptoms. I've lost 14 lbs and I'm barely able to eat. I'm taking Entocort, Asacol and 2 other steroids which are not taken orally.... if you catch my drift. I'm fortunate to have a positive outlook on life. I just want to introduce myself to the group. I know a lot about CD and UC and I hope to contribute to the forum.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Hi RZman and welcome to the forum! Wow, 34 years is a long time, but I'm glad to hear you had a nice long remission. Not so glad to hear about your current flare though. Are the Entocort and Asacol working for you? Those are both fairly mild medications, so if your flare doesn't ease up then you might want to ask your doc about other treatment options. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon and can have another nice long remission!

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
RZman, welcome to the forum, I'm sure that you will add alot to this forum. I'm 62 years old but found out I have crohns only a year or so ago. Look forwar to seeing in the chatroom.

Hi Cat,

I've taken Asacol every day for many years but recently increased my dosage to 4800mg/day. I just started the Entocort 2 days ago. It's too soon to tell if it's working. I always prefer to use the most mild medications first. I'm a very strong person both mentally and physically so I tend to deal with things until I need to step it up. In the past I've been on 6MP and other more potent meds. I'll see where I am in a week or two and go from there. Thank you for taking an interest.

Hi RZ

Welcome to the forum from another long termer! Sorry to hear you've had a relapse after such a long spell. The unfortunate thing with Crohn's is that at the back of your mind you know that it could return at any point. Your positive attitude should help you get through your current bad patch. I wish you well

Regards, Nigel