• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

35 years later...

Hi. I'm Kevin, 66 years old, Crohn's for 35 of those. But I didn't know it was Crohn's disease until 15 years ago. Until then, it was "dry skin, irritable bowel, aching bones and muscles, and lots of half baked remedies that cost a lot, made me sick, ruined my clothes (ointments, etc.) Eventually tried Humira. Worked great, then was hit by a car, got an infection, had to quit awhile. Back on Humira, until Medicare kicked in and refused to cover it. So off awhile, sick again, yada, until foundation helped pay for Humira. Yay!! But Humira doesn't work anymore as I have developed antibodies against it. So sick again until just recently starting Stelara, with help from Johnson and Johnson foundation. It might be starting to work. Wish me luck, and the best of luck to all of you.
:cool.

My gastro doc told me Lialda no longer works. Switched me to Apriso. I also have myotonia congenita and heart failure. But I am doing well really in spite of all that. My wife says I'm blessed. I say I'm lucky, and grateful.