• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

4.5mg LDN every 36 hrs put me into remission

I used to take it every night. Quality of life was definitely better than without taking LDN, but I would still have intestinal problems after eating various foods.

I listened to an interview Dr Zagon (chief ldn researcher at penn state) gave, and he said that it doesnt matter when you take it. He also said that the dosing intervals would vary from person to person. He said that for some people, taking LDN too frequently would cause a buildup of the drug and have the exact opposite intended effect! For the record i'm 6'0 160 lbs. If you are smaller/lighter than me and LDN hasnt VERY noticably removed Crohn's symptoms, try spreading out the doses.

Here's the interview:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mary-boyle-bradley/2009/06/23/the-mary-bradley-show

it's an hour long but i urge you to listen to its entirety

Last edited:
If it's not too much trouble, where can I find this interview and any info considering alternate dosages? I'm thinking about switching my dose, after 9 months at 4.5mg nightly.

I too am about 6f 155lbs and haven't noticed too much of a benefit, though I'm a pretty mild case I haven't noticed much leeway diet-wise (particularly caffeine, I'm a hopeless caffeine addict and it is probably one of my only, and definitely my worst, "trigger" foods if I'm not loaded with probios).

Do you take it alternately in the morning then at night every day and a half? Like, 10 in the morning one day followed by 10 at night the next, and so on?

Thanks.

Last edited:
If it's not too much trouble, where can I find this interview and any info considering alternate dosages? I'm thinking about switching my dose, after 9 months at 4.5mg nightly.

I too am about 6f 155lbs and haven't noticed too much of a benefit, though I'm a pretty mild case I haven't noticed much leeway diet-wise (particularly caffeine, I'm a hopeless caffeine addict and it is probably one of my only, and definitely my worst, "trigger" foods if I'm not loaded with probios).

Do you take it alternately in the morning then at night every day and a half? Like, 10 in the morning one day followed by 10 at night the next, and so on?

Thanks.
Yea, the 36 hrs is not exact. But its before bed, right when wake up, before bed, etc.

Here is the interview
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mary-boyle-bradley/2009/06/23/the-mary-bradley-show

it's an hour long but i urge you to listen to its entirety