• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

4 year old with Lymphocytic Colitis

Thanks for letting me join your group!

My 4 year old has about 100 IgE food allergies, asperger's and was just diagnosed with microscopic lymphocytic colitis. I suspect he has some form of EGID but I don't think they even counted the eosinophils. Interestingly, he also had a parasite 6 months ago called D. fragilis.

Anyone else have lymphocytic colitis? What treatment do you use?

Thanks Happy.
Welcome LoisArbuckle
Sorry you had to find your way here but glad you found us.
Yes food allergies and EGID's have been a big part of my life.
My than 3 yr old was dx with EGID's & IBD at the same time.
However as time went on and second opinion and a new GI and a third scope we were told my now 6 yr old has just ibd (microscopic) and not EGID's.
And now that treatment is helping it looks like she has NO FOOD ALLEGIES!
Grrrrrr but we can't take the past back.
My daughter also has juvenile arthritis which is why she's on some big meds but the blessing is that it stopped her IBD (for now) from doing damage.

Please stop by the Parents Section. Lots of Parents to help.
Also we have a Young One Support Group. It's been dormant for awhile but I plan on starting it up. Please feel free to stop there and say hi.
http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=59511