• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

40 year journey with Crohn's

I was diagnosed when I was 14. I had surgery when I was 18. For the most part I have been pain free. The last few years I been under a lot of stress (loss of job) (death in family) (mother diagnosed with Alzheimers) (wife massive heart attack) and feel my Crohn's has returned. I have my yearly appointment next month. My last flare up included back pain. I now have a lot of lower back pain and bloating. I also have been having bladder pain. I am wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar? I have been lucky over the years but always thought some day I would have problems again.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.
I've not experienced any of those issues. I'm just getting over a lengthy flare.

Sending you my support.

Hi,
I get very bad lower back pain. But I didn't know this was a symptom of Crohns, I just thought it was because of my bad posture and heavy lifting. I'll have to ask my GI at my next appointment.

Lady Organic

Staff member
joint and back pain are common with crohns, and can correlate with intestinal inflammatory activity. mention it to your GI and if symptoms persists, you should get a referral to a rhuematologist. if you happen to be in a CD relapse and then get treated for it, chance is good the joint issue will resume with it, as you experienced in the past. best wishes.

It really could be a number of things. In February when I went in for what I thought was a flare and turned out to be a kidney infection. Easier to fix then Crohn's but, definitely painful. Make sure you mention your bladder pain when you go in, it could be Crohn's related or could be something else. A quick scan and some blood tests can determine that pretty easily.