• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

5 years ago....

Five years ago I was an average high school kid. Well kind of....I was getting severe flu like symptoms one a month. After a few missed diagnosis I eneded up having my first and sadly not last ER stay. Crohn's was found in my lower intestinal system. Spent year or so on different pill treatments prednisone to imuran and all in between. I'm now on remicade. It dose help when I can afford to keep going to the infusion center. The downturn in our economy caused the sale of our families business...and way better medical insurance.....no where I work there is no medical benefits, low hours, and low wages. There seems to be more below average days than awesome ones. I am considering going back to school if I can finance it. When I'm having a good day I like to work on old cars and trucks. My current project is a 1966 ford bronco.

valleysangel92

Staff member
Welcome to the forum.. How are your symptoms at the moment?

Read through the forum, ask any questions you have, feel free to just vent.. unfortunatly i cant help with the finance being in the UK but there are threads made.by people with similar problems which might be useful to you.. Are your employers understanding when youre unwell and need time off?

Im glad you found us, people here are very supportive and will always try to help out as much as possible...

Today is an ok day. It helps that Im off. My "boss" only cares about him. Its almost like having teeth pulled to get my infusion day off. My joints in my hands are stiff. Thanks for the kind welcome. There sure is a lot to read here.

Hello and welcome to the forum, I'm still quite new to the CD life and have found this forum to be very welcoming and supportive, I'm glad you found us. You're right there is a lot to read :lol: I'm sorry I can't help you about the your insurance problem but as valleysangel92 said there are plenty of other folks on here having the same trouble. I just wanted to welcome you on board. :ghug: