• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

$5000 Scholarship For Students With IBD (Canada Only)

theOcean

So, I got contacted today by my Humira provider with news of a scholarship for students with IBD!

It's the AbbVie IBD Scholarship, and there are ten scholarships being awarded this year which you can apply for here.

To enter, you or your child must be:

• A legal and permanent resident of Canada;
  • Diagnosed with Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis by a health care professional;
  • Seeking an associate, undergraduate, or graduate degree from a Canadian university; college; or enrolled in a trade school educational diploma;
  • Enrolled in or awaiting acceptance from a Canadian-based post-secondary educational institution for the Fall semester of 2014; and
  • A student who demonstrates academic aspiration and strives to sustain an optimal level of wellness in spite of their Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis, allowing them to excel to reach their goals and inspire others to do the same.

There are more details on the website, which again can be found here.

I'm a student, and I know many other members on this forum as well. I hope some people can find this useful! And good luck to those who apply. :hug:

Tesscorm

Staff member
I've never used my 'powers' :lol: but, having tried now, I don't think I have any in this forum! But, instead of moving, I've just copied the info into a new thread in Parent's forum.

theOcean - thanks for posting! :)