• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

6 mp and pustules on arms and face-HELP

Hi everyone,
I've been on humira for about 3 years now and recently had 50 mg. of 6 mp added to the mix. A couple of days ago I broke out with bumps (size of a mosquito bite) that look like they have fluid in them on my upper arms and on the side of my face. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I don't know if this is caused from the 6-mp or is it caused by the crohns. I have thickening of the Jejunum. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Hey, Tikell. I have similar symptoms, acne essentially. I just train myself not to mess with them, and keep it clean just like with normal acne (none of that counterproductive Proactiv junk, just normal skin soap).

Hi Tikell,

I had a similar experience on 6 mp. Came out in a very red, dry and blotchy rash on my face. It was very patchy so I looked a bit like a dalmatian! It was very sore and spread to my eyelids, causing the skin to crack and split. I ended up stopping the medication. Maybe chat to your gastro about it as there may be other medical options?