• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

6mp-Mercapturine etc HAIR LOSS!

I know I've seen some posts on the hair loss. I've been on it for a year, and good thing I've got a full head of hear....Has anyone gone bald on this medication? Or just very thin? Also, has anyone had any luck with Biotin Vitamin? ITs supposed to help with hair loss? Sue:bat:

Astra

Hiya Sue

I've just googled this, I might consider getting some. My hair is thinning rapidly, but I'm not on 6MP! I tried it 5 years ago, and some aza too, but had allergic reactions to both.
Gastro said it's a Crohnie thang! Immune system outa whack!
Just not fair tho!
xxxx

I've been taking Biotin for a little over a month now. My nails are absolutely indestructible, but so far, I havent noticed any difference in my hair. I suppose the positive effects would take longer to show in hair growth, so I'm still taking it.

Hey Sue 2009, how has your year gone on 6mp, had my surgery in July doc says 6mp in Oct for the maintenance, I hear alot about fatigue that scares me more than the surgery did, how did it go for you?

Its been okay. There is some joint pain, and achey muscles. The fatigue is okay. The worst fatigue I've had is when I flare. I should be happy with how I am..hair loss and all..I'm so happy to have my life back.....S :)