• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

6MP Success

Hi All,

I just wanted to put out a post about my success on 6MP as I was VERY nervous and hesitant to start taking. I was terrified of the potential side effects, especially the weakened immune system as I am a teacher. I finally bit the bullet and started it in June after a 6 month flare which resulted in me losing 18lbs (I only weigh 125lbs normally) and had me beyond miserable and wondering if I would ever get my "normal" life back. Prednisone had gotten my flare under control but as I tapered off of it, the symptoms came back. I tried ridiculous diets and everything under the sun, hoping to avoid 6MP (and Remicade) but finally started the 6MP with a lot of worry. My good news is that within 2.5 weeks I was COMPLETELY symptom free and have maintained that for going on 6 months. I still take a Canasa suppository 3x a week (the last time I tried to stop it cold turkey some minor symptoms came back so I am just doing it on a maintance dose). I have had one cold so far this fall, but that isn't necessarily uncommon and my energy, strength, and weight feel great. Overall, I have been incredibly happy with the 6MP. It has given me back my normal life so I wanted to share this in case there are others out there, like me, who are nervous to start taking it. Hopefully my story can help reassure you a bit.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Thanks for the update JMB! and thank you for posting. :)

I am so happy for you that you are having such success, long may it continue!...:goodluck:

:mademyday:
Dusty. xxx