• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

8 weeks on LDN!

Diagnosed with Crohn's in October 2012. In a frantic doing medicine research I accidentally ran across LDN Penn Study. Neither my GI or MD was on board to prescribe it so I immediately contacted a Dr in NY - did a phone consultation and had the medication overnighted to me. Due to medication sensitivity I started on 1.5 mg and worked my way up to 3 mg. (BTW, seems to be lots of discussion whether to stay between 3-4 mg vs 4.5 mg...so I am still deciding whether to MOVE UP or stay).

I had a colonoscopy and blood work all completed a few weeks prior to starting LDN.

I received my results yesterday on new blood work and was COMPLETELY shocked! My sed rate went from a 22 to a 12 and CRP went from dangerously high number to .6! I am just beside myself and praying!

I will tell you - I was extremely scared to start LDN ...this was my first choice of medication as all those other scare me to death! I noticed immediate improvement with the restroom activity. The only issue I had initially was the filler and had that changed right away (was suggested by the pharmacist to use a probiotic filler - that did not work...stay with Avicel!). I have also added several supplements that help with inflammation as well as diet changes.

I know this is going to be a long, tedious process...but I am so hopeful! I really suggest others to at least try LDN. I see so many others struggling and I REALLY believe it can help. Obviously we all know it is not a cure or a miracle drug, but I will say it can help get you headed in the right direction.

I am documenting my journey as I go with LDN - side effects, learnings, contacts, etc. Would love to share if anyone has questions.

Eat right - be healthy!

Laura44 -
I just wanted to say great news for you! I noticed that you too live in Bentonville and wanted to wish you luck!

Starting week 11 -- inflammation markers are down! Changing up some of the supplements - other wise all is going good! Love to hear how others on LDN are doing??

David

Co-Founder
Hi Laura!

Thank you for your continuing updates. I'll definitely be following along. Would you mind if I edit your thread title on occasion to keep up with where you're at in the timeline? :)

I wish you all the best!

Week 17 on LDN and still doing well! 3 weeks and I have my blood work redone to see how the inflammation markers are.

Kev

Congratulations Laura... I don't want to 'jinx' anything (that's right, despite all of my diplomas, I'm a superstitious old f... ellow).. but my gut is telling me that if it seems to be working at this stage, it will continue, and continue, and you will improve, and improve...

Like, I really don't want to give anyone false hope (Lord knows I recall how it hurt when a doctor who didn't even know what I had told me the surgery had cured me, only he was wrong.. I was devastated).. so I'm very, very hesitant to say this.. but if LDN is doing for you what it has done for me... and I see absolutely no reason why it shouldn't, then.. Laura.. I think your nightmare is over. I have been rock solid steady thanks to it for over 5 years. I work a very demanding job, 5 days a week, usually 60 hours a week, and in the last 5 years I've lost a total of 4.5 sick days.. 2 1/2 of those due to a broken thumb. I dare any healthy person 1/2 my age to compete with those numbers. I think you will find, wherever you've been with this disease in the past, you won't be going back there. It took me quite a while to develop real faith that LDN had actually taken me out of my nightmare... so take whatever time it takes, but you can start to believe now. All the best.. congratulations again.

I am about 5 weeks in with LDN and just got over a rough spot. I had to reference the forum again to reinforce staying the course. Feeling much better now. I have had a resection, so virtually no colon which posses its own special set of challenges, my system is very sensitive. It has been about 3 weeks since my last Humira injection. I love reading everyones progress, it really helps me to have this forum to get information I cannot get anywhere else. Thank you all.

Please share the name of the doctor that prescribed LDN for you. My doctors will not prescribe it for me and I want to try it.

If Crystal doesn't have anyone in your area, you can contact these two compounding pharmacies and find out which doctors in your area they are filling LDN prescriptions for. These two compounding pharmacies are well known in the USA for specializing in LDN.

Skip's Pharmacy
http://www.skipspharmacy.com/

or

Gideon's Pharmacy in NYC
1385 Broadway New York, NY 10018
(212) 575-6868

I got the list and there was a doc that prescribes LDN right in my little town! Imagine that right under my nose! It will take 5 weeks to get in though so May 1st is the day. Wish me luck,

That is fantastic news! You will not be disappointed with LDN. It will work magic for you.

Also be sure to get LDA Immunotherapy if at all possible. Here is a list of physicians nationwide that treat with LDA Immunotherapy.

http://www.drshrader.com/lda_physicians.htm

My doctor here in Oklahoma has 6 severe Crohn's patients under his belt now in the cured category. LDA is remarkable, maybe even more remarkable than LDN.