• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A couple of questions

vonfunk

Bourbon Bandito
Question one.
For those of you that pass mucus, how often does it happen for you? I tend to need to at least 1 once a week sometimes more than that.

Question the second.
This is mainly directed towards guys on account of the juvenile nature of it, and I don't expect an answer from any of the ladies on this one. Has anyone attempted a blue angel (lighting a fart on fire) when your bag fills with gas? I've considered it (because I'm a man shaped child), but I'm kind of worried about the possibility of the flame entering the bag and it exploding.

1/ When I had my rectal stump I passed this lovely stuff every day, between 1-5 times and much of it would include blood also.

2/ :ylol: Hilarious Question! Never tried it and never considered it! I can imagine the bags would set alight in all honesty! The flange base plate is maybe oil based (although not 100% sure) so might not be the best of ideas! But the thought is quite amusing!

Nyx

1. I pass mucous every day also with blood sometimes. Usually every time I go to the bathroom. So 1 - 5 times a day.

2. Ummmm...ewwww....lol

1. Almost daily. Sometimes three to four times a day. Surgeon confirmed that this was fine/normal.

2. My brother asked me about the possibilities of blue angels. Wondered if he could give it a try. My answer was a resounding "NO"! I've kept my distance from him since said question. He is an adolescent badly trapped in an adult male body!

1. After my surgery, before I started on maintenance meds, I would get D with mucous pretty much every time I sat on a toilet...so yeah all the time.

2. I have never heard of such a thing but it sounds kind of funny. If I had my own bag I'd be too scared to do it. But feel free to try and tell me what happens!!

Terriernut

1) I pass mucous maybe once every 9 days. Even now when I'm flaring! Although for some reason after my hernia surgery it was daily for about a week.

2) Very funny! Although I wouldnt try it! Those bags are plastic and meltable!

Hi,
1) Mucous has been constant for me in the last 4 months and sometimes accompanied with blood. NOT everytime I go to toilet, but, more times than not. I don't worry about this though, I used too, but it doesn't help none.

2) I really dont think you should try lighting anything on fire that may backfire!! Hahaha

ameslouise

Ok first, I never heard of the term "blue angel" - I just thought it was called "lighting your farts".

I think you could totally do it if you cinched your bag and then squished out the air in a stream while holding the lighter an inch away from your bag. But it would be a two man process for sure. Be careful not to singe anything and make sure you keep the air rushing out so that the flame doesn't jump into the bag.

I can't even believe I am endorsing this activity. It's like an ostomate's version of Jackass.

Be careful!!! - Amy

ahh i have to posted a question about this as i didnt know if it was a "normal" thing for me to do, mines been happening alot over the past two weeks, with blood in it too and with a bad stomach pain aswell.

vickyoddsocks

wears odd socks
Hahahaha, maybe plausable if the bag could be removed and kept 'air tight', or 'fart tight'! That could be quite funny!
My boyfriend has always said that if someone really pisses me off, then i should leave a full bag outside thier door! (For the record I would NEVER do that, but the idea is funny!)
But same idea in that it would need to be sealed.
:D
x

vonfunk

Bourbon Bandito
SO I have a party on Saturday, my attempt might actually happen depending on the alcohol consumed.

And think you for the responses regarding mucus. I've found myself going more recently and yesterday I passed some blood, so I'm glad to hear that it isn't specific to me..