• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A day early

I usually give myself the injection on Wednesday. This Wednesday, I have to go to an appointment with my wife. I am supposed to have the Prometheus test the same day as my next injection so I am wondering if it would be okay for me to give myself the injection a day early?

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I don't see why it should be a problem.....I've had to move my Remicade infusions around by as much as a week with no issue.

Definitely not. they are measuring trough levels of the drug. meaning at it's lowest point before your next shot. Have your blood drawn for the Anser ADA test and THEN give yourself the shot right after.

my little penguin

Staff member
Always good to ask your doc especially since you are doing a nblood test for levels
For ds when he was on every two weeks we were told a day early or a day late didn't matter much
Of course now he gets its every 5 days so that is a little different
Let us know what your doc says