• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A few queries - Experimenting with LDN before properly starting it

Hi Friends, I am new to this forum and just posted my first message on "My Story". Continuing from that thread..

When I was diagnosed in August this year, I felt utterly helpless for a few days. Initial 3-4 days I did nothing but browse. Accidentally I found that there is this drug called LDN with no/ minimum side effects and good results for Crohn's!! That was the first glimmer of hope. I kept on reading and researching. I went through tons of messages on this forum. I much appreciate and am very thankful to you for chronicling your Journey with LDN. Specially I just feel a deep gratitude for all those who have made an effort to continue writing for 5-6 years!!! Wow. Thanks.

I also focused on finding GP/ GI who would prescribe.. Long story short, I now have 100 capsules of 1.5 mg LDN from a reputed Pharmacy here in Australia.

As I am traveling to India with my hugely supportive husband, for a 2-3 months visit. I will only be able to take LDN everyday in a week or two (once settled there). But In the meantime I need any help with a few queries that I have.

- As of now I have mild to almost no symptoms. I am improving every day. Should I still start LDN and take the risk of a flare or wait till I have a flare and start then.

- How will I know if my body is actually absorbing/ metabolizing LDN? I took an experimental dose of 3 mg last night. I had a little interrupted sleep, which could be because of anticipation. I don't feel any difference in energy levels today (neither better nor worse). No other symptoms. Could it mean that my body is not absorbing it? (I know I should give it time, but can't help wondering).

- Though the GP wanted me to start with 1.5 mg I am planning to directly take 4.5 mg (3 mg for may be 3-4 days). With that the supply of LDN, I have will only last me 1 month. I then may have to use Natlrexone tablet and make my own LDN till I am in India. Would that be ok.

:)

Divya

Last edited: