• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A freaked out hello

Hi all,

Man do I wish I would have found this forum last week! Just by browsing today I've felt So much more at ease and less freaked out - thank you!

I'm a 28 year old woman, waiting to hear if I have C or not. Last weekend was pretty brutal, I had pains since Thursday but my own doc told me I had hemorrhoids and sent me to get OTC meds. By Saturday I was unable to walk, crying and cursing in very unladylike manner at the urgent care. Needless to say my first rectal exam wasn't too great, and the vaginal exam made me jump off the table. So embarassing... How do you all not get traumatized by this?! I sure did :D

I was sent off to ER and after ct scan I got diagnosed with an abscess deep in my butt. It really didnt make me any less embarassed but by the time I got the news I was literally begging to be cut or knocked out anyway... I can honestly say the labor pains of my two kids were nothing compared to this! They took me to surgery on Sat night and drained the abscess while I slept (blissfully).

Now, I'm home, the pain is still there but way better than before surgery. Browsing the forums for advice for speedy recovery and fearing the abscess happening again.

David

Co-Founder
Hi Diggyti and welcome to the community!

There are plenty of causes of rectal abscesses besides Crohn's disease which are much more benign in nature, so let's hope that's the case for you.

Did the surgeon or the CT scan you had suggest that Crohn's disease may be a potential?

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum, Diggyty!

Like David, I'm wondering if Crohn's was mentioned as a possibility? Are they considering any other possibilities? Do you have any other symptoms?

I hope everything goes well for you! :hug: