• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A little bit about myself

Hello Everyone! My name is Kristy and I am 31 years old. I was diagnosed with Crohns disease (finally) in 2007 and in the same year had my first surgery from the Crohns Disease; I have had a right Ileal Hemicolectomy, which means they removed all of my assending colon (the part that runs down on the right side) and they also removed all but 11 inches of my small bowel leaving just enough to attach it to my transverse colon (the part that runs at the top) and decending colon (the part that runs down the left side). I have been battling this disease now for years, and in the beginning I was mis-diagnosed for years, even getting responses from medical professionals, or at least thats what they claimed to be, that I was allergic to Sprite. This disease, as I am sure all of you know, is a horrible, painful, disgusting disease that I hope and pray they are able to find a cure for us! I now not only have to deal with the Crohns, but have become accustomed to long hospital stays as well as the surgeries that are required somewhat frequently, from fistulas to bowel resections, to surgeries from the effects that it has on my joints. I joined this forum to meet people like me, in hopes to be able to ask those questions that no one would understand unless you go through it too! I look forward to talking to everyone, and I hope that I can be there for anyone who may be here for the same reason!

~Kristy :ghug: