• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A little scared and worried

I dont know what I have but at hospital said possibly crohns disease and to have further tests. I have burning inside my stomach when I eat the embarrassing flatulence issue the burping and my stomach is swollen like a bowling ball. yes feel pregnant but, there is no possibility of this and also feel full so can't eat properly. it hurts as soon as I eat anything warm. God help me if I eat a slightly spicy curry or chilli then im in agony clutching my stomach. dealt with chronic constipation and pressure on bladder the going to bathroom back forth during the night and having to drink lots of water. tests for diabetes clear tests for UTI'S clear.
the only thing I want to eat is CHOCOLATE! lots of sweet food it doesnt hurt my stomach and cold foods affect it seems luke warm room temperature sandwhichs fine. cheese really causing issues. im getting bored of food today thought I would try instead pizza/chips bland. still hurt soon as warm food here comes the pain. cup of luke warm milky tea same thing.

its a band across the stomach and pain in either side that keeps me awake. hot water bottle helps I am scared.

I have to have bloods monday. and other tests the embarassing samples I have to take to drs too.

also dealt with lots of heartburn with issue and acid reflux too. had blood in urine, poop and being sick...I know I am not well. this happens a few times a year so far im not dead but, they never figure out what is wrong. they did ovary scan nothing there. but not checked colon stomach inside.

I am worried. I dont want to end up with acute pain in out of hospital like I am and them sending me home saying take gaviscon it will be ok and we will push for colonoscopy. heavy menstraul cycle too having to use maternity towels.

whatever is up with me is it crohns possible?

I dont know.

I don't know for sure but you might have Crohns. I hope they can get you diagnosed soon and get you on the right medicine to get you relief.

thanks I hope to figure it out a.s.a.p. I was hospitalised in 2012 with this issues and I went down to a shocking 7 stone 3lbs. my weight has gone up and its taken ages but when I do get these painful bouts my weight completely drops off. been known to lose during that time a stone in weight because its awful trying to eat. Thanks pushed for blood tests Monday and changed drs she is going to push for further tests.
will let you all know what happens. tyvm Ron. hope you're feeling ok?

tests positive for Crohn's showed hemoglobin issues as well as inflammatory markers. I went oh great when the phone rang early to tell me the news.yet feel strangely relieved as I have had issues since 2012 being hospitalised then in january after collapsing in pain ab dom pain that was so chronic, I was taken into ICU. I discharged myself went home and that was my mistake.I feel relieved that I now know what is going on with my body.I can find how to treat it, although it is still something drs dont understand fully. so, I hear. I have pain killers for the spasms cant believe price of prescripstions wow saw the 8.40 since when, it was 6.70. I dont have to pay as yet but when I do I will be crying!
However, on the downside I have to head to hospital sometime for extensive tests yipiee! cant wait 'frowns'

thanks now to figure out what to eat as I cant eat cake forever and milkshake.my body wont accept any warm food, cups of tea it all has to be room temperature.

tests positive for Crohn's showed hemoglobin issues as well as inflammatory markers. I went oh great when the phone rang early to tell me the news.yet feel strangely relieved as I have had issues since 2012 being hospitalised then in january after collapsing in pain ab dom pain that was so chronic, I was taken into ICU. I discharged myself went home and that was my mistake.I feel relieved that I now know what is going on with my body.I can find how to treat it, although it is still something drs dont understand fully. so, I hear. I have pain killers for the spasms cant believe price of prescripstions wow saw the 8.40 since when, it was 6.70. I dont have to pay as yet but when I do I will be crying!
However, on the downside I have to head to hospital sometime for extensive tests yipiee! cant wait 'frowns'

thanks now to figure out what to eat as I cant eat cake forever and milkshake.my body wont accept any warm food, cups of tea it all has to be room temperature.
I am glad you have a diagnosis. You might want to keep a food diary to see what foods upset your gut.