• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A long road

Hi I have had crohns since 1966 had a operation in 66 I am going through hell
again awaiting results from a U S scan 14 days ago still no news I phoned
our GPs practice to be told they were behind with the typing and It would be a day or two yet .The letter had been dictated and was ready to type how sick .:(:(:(

Trysha

Staff member
Sorry about your long wait but maybe there is a way round it.
It is more than shocking that you have been told about the typing, this is not your concern, you are suffering and need help.
Have you called your doctors office regarding how ill you are feeling.
If not perhaps if you call for an appointment and let the doc know that things are
pretty desperate for you and that you need help right now.
Usually ultra sound reports are quickly made to the doctors and can be within a day or two, especially when something has been found.
Tell the office staff that you are very ill require help and need to see the doctor right away.
Other than that you could always go to emergency.
Hope you get help without further delay.
Feel better soon
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

Hi Urostar. Sometimes the waiting is as much agony but I really hope you hear soon and that things will be sorted. Best of luck

the last time I made an appointment to see my GP it took 4 weeks I am very near
81 years old I dont need this I have been on the table 7 times ,the admin is rubbish .
why do they not take young people that need to learn a job at our GPs .Thanks for you help regards to you all .xx

That is annoying. It might be naughty but sometimes you have to use age, difficulties, disabilities etc to play it up and get the answers you need. Sometimes you would be surprised how quickly they can come when you play it up. I dont think it is right, we should all be treated the same and quickly but desperate measures and all that.

well today I got a letter from my GP he had the results and would I make a appointment
to see him when i phoned the girl on the phone said the earlyest date was th 18th of the month so I said no way I could not wait that long I want to see a doctor today she
said let me look yes you can see Dr Smith at 3.50 pm so I went .

Had to wait a while but Ok when I got in she did not know just what the result meant
she is going to contact my urologist Friday and will phone me Monday after 3 months I am back to square one .But it is not cancer she said it was cystic lesions of the liver ????? and that is it till Monday ..regards george

Well I am very glad you put your foot down and got an appointment. How ridiculous to say that you would have to wait when there was a time spot today. Also how annoying that following that they could not answer your questions despite them wanting to see you. I really cant fathom people at all. Goodluck for monday.