• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A new doctor

So, we saw the new doctor on Thursday and he seems AWESOME! I definitely want to switch. He's easy to talk to and he just came from CHOP. He has 3 young patients with Crohn's on the SCD, doing well, no meds. So, he's familiar with the diet as well, unlike the other doctor.

My son's inflamation was 515 and it went down to 185 so he wants us to do another fcp in a month and if it's not normal, my son will do EEN and start methotrexate. That's the plan.

He seemed totally open to our going to CHOP for a second opinion and said he could give us the names of good people to contact, etc. but I sort of feel like CHOP came to us, so I'm waiting on that for now. My son hates to travel these days...

Tesscorm

Staff member
Glad it all went to well! Being comfortable with your doctor is a huge relief in itself! :ghug: I hope his next FC shows continued improvement.

Yes a new doctor can make a big difference. Maybe it won't change the course of the disease but when you feel like the doctors are on your side it's changes your attitude for the better.:hug: I hope it all works out.