• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A pediatric prep question

We are doing this tonight. Nothing but clear fluids all day today, finished the prep solution by 630 pm (started at 4). Several trips to the bathroom, all liquid, and he has fallen asleep. I got him to drink some water after the prep solution, but not much. He shot out a lot of liquid, but it never became really clear. We followed the instructions to a tee.. is this going to be a big problem in the morning? How clear does it have to be?

thanks

Trysha

Staff member
Hello LittleC
I think that drinking plenty of water is all part of the prep.
It is so difficult to say with a little one.
I would think as long as it is fairly clear it should be OK.
It is so important because the docs can miss something if the prep is inadequate.
It sounds as if you will probably be ok.
What was the prep? and what age is the little one?
What exam are they doing?
Hope everything goes well for you.
I am sure someone with children will soon be along to advise you of their experiences.
Hugs and best wishes Trysha

he's 5. I pushed water but he was nauseous and wouldn't take much. Not much I can do about it now, as he is deeply asleep. I guess I will just hope for the best in the morning. thanks