• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A Remicade Question for the Ladies

Hi everyone,

So I just had my third dose of Remicade last week. Everything went well and I feel great so far. I got my period this week, which is the first time since I started the Remicade (I'm on a 90-day cycle, so I only get it once every three months). Normally, I have horrible cramping and bloating and generally feel pretty awful when I have my period, since I've also been diagnosed with endometriosis. This is the first time in my ENTIRE LIFE that I haven't had ANY pain associated with my period! Aside from being tired, which is probably just because I'm anemic, I feel like a completely normal person.

So my question is....has anyone else experienced this with Remicade? If this is a side effect of the drug, it sure is a great one!

Thanks,
Beth

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
I've been on Remicade for 8 months and haven't noticed a change in cramps. I have been much moodier with my period lately, but I don't know if I can attribute it to anything.

But since meds affect everyone differently, I guess it's possible. Update us in three months!