• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A word of thanks

I never normally post on forums but felt like I had to register and post on here to tell you all how grateful I am...

I have recently been diagnosed with UC after about five years of on/off symptoms and a three month full on flare. The pain was indescribable although I know everyone here will be able to relate. The blood loss, pain, exhaustion was terrifying.

I found the illness very isolating because I'm very private anyway and what was going on really wasn't something I would talk to people about! Which is where this forum comes in - I've lost count of all the searches I have made on here to help find out more about my symptoms.

This place left me feeling less alone. Although I wouldn't wish this illness or CD on anyone, it is comforting to know there are other people who know what I'm going through. It also helped me with invaluable info on what was going on.

I'd really like to thank everyone who posts on this forum for their plain-speaking, honest, informative and helpful posts. As someone on the outside looking in, it is a wonderful support network and truly helped me in one of the darkest periods of my life.

scottsma

Hello and welcome DaisyB,......We are all grateful for this forum, but wish we didn't have to be a part of it.I hope you're feeling better now.Everyone is interested in each others symptoms,diagnoses and meds,so please join in.You will soon make friends.Best Wishes.

Hello and Welcome DaisyB. Thanks for sharing your story. This forum is a mind saver for me.
Feel free to ask questions and let us know how you are doing.

Thanks all for the replies and support. I know from reading the forum that I'm very lucky compared to others here who have it a lot worse than me/have undergone surgery etc.

I'm a really stressy person and when I'm getting myself stressed and worked up I can feel my guts actually tighten immediately. Is that weird? If anyone has any stress busting tips I'd be really grateful :)