• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

About Vedolizumab

Hello!I need some advice.Soon I'll be on Vedolizumab,anyone knows about side effects or risks? Has anyone used Vedolizumab?Any thoughts on this?

Ezio - There are a couple of threads on here started by Shmooda who is participating in a vedolizumab trial. You may want to check those out. Good luck and let us know how you do on the drug.

Hi Ezio! I have been on the Vedolizumab Phase III Study for 10 weeks now. This is the 1st drug I have used in 41 years that has helped me! It is very user friendly. I have had no clinical side effects at all. The only problem I had is that 12 days after the infusion I got nauseated for 2 days. The doctor really doesn't believe it should be related to the drug, but what I am eating. I went from having 10 bowel movements a day down to only 3. That in itself is worth it!! I had breakthrough pain only once, although when I press on the infected area it still hurts. No other side effects!! I love it! If you have any questions please ask me, it seems I am the only person on this medication.