• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Abscess or not?

So i have what seems to be a pimple/cyst/abscess in my rear end. I feel no pain or discomfort from it. But every couple of hours or so I feel a slight tingly feeling.
Its about the size of pea maybe a little smaller.

I looked up symptoms of a the abscess and none seem to fit this. I had one a long time ago and would like to figure out the issue asap. I would normally just call my GI but its saturday night and i'd prefer not to waste it in the ER if it's just a pimple.

How far can an abscess form from the anus? This thing is a good inch and a half from it.

I also just started remicade if that makes a difference, had my second treatment last monday. Not sure it that makes me more prone to the infection. Making this more likely.

nogutsnoglory

I have an abscess in my butt cheek. I think what you are describing sounds like an abscess. Why do you think it isn't? If its small and it doesn't have to be painful.

well i havnt had one in about ten years.

I always thought they would form closer to then anus then where it is and i figured I would have some symptoms for it.

Should i take it to the ER?

i would hate to get another fistula from it.

I guess it could be benign, meaning not an abscess but a pimple. Having had a history of abscess/fistula I would have it looked at soon. I don't think it warrants the ER but a doc for sure.

Ant other symptoms? Fever, localized pain / redness?

No fever I feel fine for the most part. Jusy some minor discomfort. I plan on going to a doctor first thing 2morrow morning. Hoping for the best. I had an abscess 10 years ago that formed a fistula and the fistula still irritates me occasionally now. Definately dont want another fistula.