• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Acai berry juice

I haven't tried it myself, but be weary of this particular product (and it's merchants), as it's touted as a miraculous substance in many fronts of medicine (not just IBD), and has been the focus of many online scams. All I'm saying by that statement is it's not the same as reading up on probiotics or worm treatment for IBD, and to intake any claims with it with a grain of salt because it's often a tool in scams. That said, it very well could be helpful, but be weary of how you obtain it and research both the merchant and the amount they're charging if you choose to try it out.

I have been drinking the Mona-Vie juice for a while. It is an all natural combination of the best healthy berries to battle mainly joint pains. It also is suppose to help with the absorbtion of nutrients. It can be use to help fight intestinal imflamation in mild to moderate cases. It does help clean you intestinal walls which in turn helps you absorb nutrients. In my case it has helped when I get constipated by getting things moving without giving me major D.
I also drink the Mona-Vie EMV energy supplement drink. It has 200% of the daily requirements of B12. It is also all natural and it does help boost my energy. I drink 1 a day at work just to be able to not get so tired.
It is not a miracle drink, but it can help with your energy and help you get needed vitimins that you miss out on otherwise.
The only problem is that it is not cheap. Around $42 for a 25oz bottle of Mona-Vie and $3 for the EMV drink.
And like I said, it is not a miracle solution but it has helped me to an extent.

My good buddy became a Mona-Vie "distributer" a few months ago and has been heavily pushing me to try it. Sending me every link he can about how great it is, even one guy who had CD and it has completely cured! Im still in belief that its just the newest snake oil like Noni juice, goji-berries, or pomegranate. Yes there are some very real benefits to these drinks/berries, but to be the super cure all food they claim to be is quite a stretch.

I put "distributer" in quotes because Mona-Vie is nothing more than a pyramid scam with an over priced product.

I agree with the pyramid and over-priced part. And you are right it is not a miracle cure. It will not cure CD and anyone that says it will is caring it to far. It does help like I said to an extent. It hasn't cured me but it has helped with the energy enough that I don't feel totally run down like I normally do. I started taking it just to make my wife happy and found that it does have benefits. But for the price I don't think the benefits offset the price. I drink the EMV drink more than the other.
I do believe it is better than the other acia berry products in the fact that it is immediately freeze dried to lock in the nutrients were as the others do not. And mixed with all the other healthy berries it is good for you just not at the price.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Yeah, my step son and his wife were selling it. Oprah was promoting it and withdrew at a later date because her advisors, felt it was just another not proven "potion". My step son says it was helping them but who knows, healing of the mind could be connected, and if it works for you, great! I hear it is expensive, like pirate says there could be a cheaper alternative, but if you got the extra cash, try it, let us know how it works for you!

If they are all good apart, they should just put Noni, Goji, Acai, and Mangosteen in one durn drink and call it done.

We've picked up Acai juice at Costco and they sell it in small bottles now, mixed with other antioxidant juices like blueberry, at Kroger and other grocery stores in their nutrition section. It tastes pretty good. I don't drink it enough to test if there's a difference because even those are friggin expensive (they really don't make it affordable to eat/drink healthy). If I ever win the lottery or get some serious book/movie deals I'll buy a bunch of it and let you know...

mwb3779

Kitchenhawk
Thanks to everyone on here. I have picked some up at Costco because I used to drink it all the time for the anti-oxidents. I just happened to check it out online before drinking any and found out about the anti-inflammatory properties. Or so it says. We'll see. I'll let you know how I handle it. It is a little more expensive than other juices, but you don't need to drink a whole bunch of it to feel the effects. I used to drink it quite often and the two-bottle thing you get at Costco lasted me about 2 weeks. So not too bad for one bottle at $4.50. It is very tasty.

H

herryjame

Hello Everyone.
Acai is everywhere, Mostly all people are drinking and eating the berries, doctors recommend it also. Acai juice that contains no added sugar, you don't want sugar in your acai for obvious reasons. The acai berry has high levels of antioxidants and you don't want anything else in there that would compromise the high ORAC levels. Also acai has been linked to battling leukaemia. Cancer feeds off of sugar. Everyone knows that antioxidants are good for us. So there are many benefits of Acai berry.
Thanks.

herryjame said:
Hello Everyone.
Acai is everywhere, Mostly all people are drinking and eating the berries, doctors recommend it also. Acai juice that contains no added sugar, you don't want sugar in your acai for obvious reasons. The acai berry has high levels of antioxidants and you don't want anything else in there that would compromise the high ORAC levels. Also acai has been linked to battling leukaemia. Cancer feeds off of sugar. Everyone knows that antioxidants are good for us. So there are many benefits of Acai berry.
Thanks.
Hmmmm.......

Just tried p-boost after reading some reviews about it. Worked good but pretty pricey. The trial was free but you have to pay for the shipping which was quick. Anyone know any coupon codes for p-boost.com?

Acai is not actually a berry, it's a palm fruit and is very high in fat. That being said, it is also high in vitamins and nutrients. In Brazil the body builders and jiu jitsu guys can't get enough and the girls mostly stay the hell away because it will put meat on your bones (fatty meat)!

Hello Everyone.
"Acai juice that contains no added sugar, you don't want sugar in your acai for obvious reasons"
Thanks.
FYI, if you don't mix any sweetener in with your acai it is almost unbearable to eat. If you have access to tropical fruits, I love to freeze chunks of papaya, then mix it with the acai pulp in a food processor with a bit of honey. Then put sliced banana on top. It's better than ice cream. :)