• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Accepting this disease

Cliff notes version. I"m a 34 year guy living in Seattle and really haven't had any medical issues since I was diagnosed back in 2011. Worked out all the time, played competitive sports in high school and division 1 soccer. My Crohn's is a stricture which tightens and I cannot go #2... This feeling is debilitating to say the least.. It affects every aspect of my life.. It decreases my energy levels, my attitude, etc... I"ve had 3 balloon dilations which seem to work for a few months at a time and my doctor said my GI is clean with no inflammation other than my stricture... I've been on Humira for two years and I just want to leave a normal life.. UP until two weeks ago I had 6 great months with no issues and then some women stress came up and now I"m clogged up again. Can stress induce a stricture and constipation? Drinking senna tea and taking linzess once a day.... No on really knows how bad this disease is until they have.... Everything thinks I should just eat an apple and i'll be fine... Frustrates the hell out of me... Anyway, done venting for now....

Drew

Yes, stress is a factor, a big one actually, surprised your primary or GI didn't tell you that. You can't avoid stress in your life, all you can do is try to minimize it. As for accepting your illness, don't, don't ever. You will learn to live with it, but you will never be friends with it, never mind accept it.