• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Achiness and fatigue

Hi I just got diagnosed with Crohn's . I have kind of had issues my entire life never got a correct diagnosis till now . I can barely eat anything because I feel nauseous all the time or it hurts to swallow food cause I have Barrett's too ! I just got over having c diff and since that can't get my strength back feel like I have constant flu like symptoms . I am not used to feeling like this and very frustrated . I also am very depressed since diagnosis because I just don't know when I will feel good again , I don't want to feel sorry for myself . How do I pull myself out of this ? Can I eat something for the inflammation I am not on meds yet until 2 more tests are done . Please help

Maybe you can try nutrition shakes for now. Make sure they don't have carrageen in them though. The shakes won't help with the inflammation but maybe it will be easier to eat something. People are here for support.

Hi, sorry you are having a rough go of this. It will settle down in time ( I tell myself this).
Nutrition is important with this. I know what it is like when struggling. Sometimes when we eat less the stomach can feel more irritated. We still make stomach acids, hunger pain, etc.

Even though carageen can be mentioned, trying to avoid it can limit what you can have when trying to gain, or maintain weight. Once a foothold is attained then it is easier to be picky. Ensure has a newer nutrition drink Enlive. It can be helpful. I also like Vega one, plant protein.

Bananas can coat the stomach, helpful for some.

Bland foods. low sugar. Things that are soothing. Not high fiber. I know easier said then done. Homemade soups, chicken breast, baked potatoes. Miso soup, yogurt. If you can eat eggs, scrambled can be tolerated for some. If strictures are possible, nuts, popcorn, corn, fruits with skins, mushrooms, fiber things can cause pain. Try to eat slowly, as often as possible, small meals, snacks, try to get plenty of fluids.

Ask about probiotics. Have you had your b12, iron, and D levels checked?

Ask if you can take Pepto Bismal, it might help with nausea. Peppermint or ginger tea helps some with nausea.

Hang in there. Try to tell yourself that it will get better.
Be well, God bless

Hi, sorry you are having a rough go of this. It will settle down in time ( I tell myself this).
Nutrition is important with this. I know what it is like when struggling. Sometimes when we eat less the stomach can feel more irritated. We still make stomach acids, hunger pain, etc.

Even though carageen can be mentioned, trying to avoid it can limit what you can have when trying to gain, or maintain weight. Once a foothold is attained then it is easier to be picky. Ensure has a newer nutrition drink Enlive. It can be helpful. I also like Vega one, plant protein.

Bananas can coat the stomach, helpful for some.

Bland foods. low sugar. Things that are soothing. Not high fiber. I know easier said then done. Homemade soups, chicken breast, baked potatoes. Miso soup, yogurt. If you can eat eggs, scrambled can be tolerated for some. If strictures are possible, nuts, popcorn, corn, fruits with skins, mushrooms, fiber things can cause pain. Try to eat slowly, as often as possible, small meals, snacks, try to get plenty of fluids.

Ask about probiotics. Have you had your b12, iron, and D levels checked?

Ask if you can take Pepto Bismal, it might help with nausea. Peppermint or ginger tea helps some with nausea.

Hang in there. Try to tell yourself that it will get better.
Be well, God bless

Thank you I will try the insure . I just started juicing to get my fruit and veggies in as my dr told me to try this . I eat sugar free jello chicken ifvsmall quantity I can tolerate eggs and almond milk to drink . I also eat baked potatoe with ghee and I got a low fiber protein drink vegan which is good with banana . Thank you all for the ideas I so appreciate I feel better already hearing there is hope !

It is hard when you feel powerless over the disease. I'm hoping you can start some treatment soon that works for you, but remember the medications are often a process to find what works best for you.
In the meantime, I think your control can come through diet, whether it is a liquid diet to try to really get things settled down a bit or trying one of the many recommended diets for Crohn's.
Good luck to you!