• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Acidophilus

Does anyone know anything about this?

My mom talked to some friend of hers who said I should look into this as his GF had similar problems to mine after a resection and that he's is shocked that my doctor didn't even mention this to me. This friend thinks I just have bad bacteria in my tummy and this will fix it.

I hear stuff like this from my mom often. I know my doctor is no fool, but maybe he doesn't know much about probiotics.. who knows.

I am not finding much useful info on it though. Every link I am finding is trying to sell it to me, however.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Is that a capsule? Sounds like something I tried years ago. Didn't help and don't think it hurt.

Look up information on SIBO. I switched to Paleo diet and it seems to making a world of difference for me. I'm not militant about it, but pretty strict. It is time consuming, takes commitment, and lots of trips to store due to perishables. But, I'm feeling better than I have in a long time. Juicing also makes adhering to the diet easier. Educate yourself, then make your own decision.

My son follows the scd (specific carbohydrate diet) he hates the 24 hour yogurt, but he notices a difference when he's not feeling well.
It's really easy and it better than the store bought yogurt. It only has your milk of choice and yogurt starter.