• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Acne and weight gain anyone?

Hi all! I am new to this forum as of today but I have had Crohns for about 5 years now. This past October, I was rushed to the ER only to find out that I had a fistula between my colon and bladder and I needed emergency surgery. It got so severe because of course I thought it was a standard UTI and I was taking OTC meds and chugging cranberry juice *facepalm*. . I ended up having to get a colon resection and having my bladder repaired so I was in the hospital for a week and then off work for another month and a half... also, I am 25 :eek: Anyway, I am now 7 months post op and feeling good but I do have some questions for anyone who has maybe had this operation.
I am currently doing Remicade infusions every 8 weeks along with a small dose of Imuran daily as a precautionary until my next colonoscopy which is next week. I seem to be gaining weight like crazy (I am up to 160 from 120 pre op) and also getting acne like I am thirteen again!

anyone have any advice? regiments?
thanks!

It's really an obvious one; talk to your Dr's. They should be able to explain why you're gaining weight. It's most likely a side effect of the medications you're taking but confirm with a Dr.

Definately a side effect of your Meds but like someone said above, ask your doctor. I’m on Humira and I’ve seen quite a bit of weight gain. The moon shape face is also a highlight as well as acne. I’m 25 too and the acne is heck embarrassing.