• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Acute &*^% pain

I got sent home from work yesterday. My sharp pains have come back in three places lower left side under the ribs; tummy button area, and right side. My pain also shoots up my left side to my neck. I am also getting pains in my back, kidneys area. My workmates offered to drive me home which would a 3 hr return trip. During the morning I got really flushed in the face, had all the pain, sharp stabbing not cramping, got really dizzy. I did drive home, just dont ask how. I do have an appointment with my GI tomorrow I got in as someone cancelled so that is good. I went to my doc - and he treated me for consitipation not my symptons, he is going on holiday for ten days and I think he was more interested in that. He prescibed pain meds gastrsoothe and movicol. I took the movicol and then read the info leaflet that said not to take this if you have Crohns or UC. Today I am working from home, the pain is sharp and bad. When I lie down my LERD flares and I cough, gag and choke. So I have gone for sitting up and taking pain meds. I am tired so tired of this. I have had no relief from GORD and LERD since July 2009 and my CD has been busy all this time. I want to sleep lying down so bad with no coughing. My bed is raised and I have 8 pillows and I still choke. Bring on relief and the GI - I hope he is not about to go on holiday:ybatty:

ameslouise

Hi Aura - Sorry you are going thru so much pain and such a rough time right now! Good thing you did your research on the Movicol!

I hope your doc has some good ideas and can get you some much needed relief. Hang in there!

- Amy

I only did the reading after I had taken two sachets!! Silly me should have done it first. Hey, sorry that you have having a hard time too. The pain hurts, eh? I am starting to question if the methotrexate is working. I am no longer on the pentasa just the mthx. Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Hi Aura,
Wow, you are really going through it. So sorry about the pain and I hope the GI gives you some type of relief. There has got to be an answer to such severe pain somewhere!
Good luck,
Michele