• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Adenomatous polyp

Hello,

I had a colonoscopy on Friday and I was told I possibly have an adenomatous polyp - so a biopsy has been taken. I subsequently read a little about this - but would be interested to hear if anyone has had experience /removal of these. I am 53 so different types of polyps are not unexpected, therefore I take the pragmatic approach.

Many thanks

I had an adenomatous polyp removed about 8 years ago, at age 35. They are considered precancerous and therefore you will probably need to be screened regularly for these more often that someone who has never had a polyp. I did not have a return of the polyp in the same location and never needed further treatment for that polyp.

There was a second polyp found on the day that my colon was removed, in a different location. No testing was done on that one though.

Last edited: