• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Admiration society for POKWI

I don't post on here because I have no experience in the area of kids with IBD, but I read most of your threads, many of which move me to tears.

I just want to say that I have enormous admiration for all of you individually and for you all as a group. The support and encouragement that you give each other is phenomenal, as is the sharing of information and practical advice.

If there were more groups of people who worked together as you all do, the world would be a radically better place. :hug:

:rosette1:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Thank you so much for your kind words Susan...:hug:

Words cannot describe how it feels to have someone like yourself show such warmth and appreciation for the way we care for each other.

I think the link is so strong because of the shared heartache and despair, the painful memories and experiences, the sympathy and the empathy, the shared emotion of both sadness and rejoicing and the desire to help those in the hope that we can ease their pain even a little. The words you have spoken truly are the icing on the cake Susan, they are priceless.

Dusty. xxx

Thank you Susan! That is so very sweet of you to say:)

I agree with Dusty, in that there is an instant bond between parents whose children suffer from IBD. No-one else could possibly understand the devastation and despair of watching your child suffer from an incurable illness, and for me personally, if I can help someone else along the way, it at least makes the pain my child and I have felt less pointless.

You are right, this forum is a great place to come to for support and advice - and also to share your knowledge and lessons with others.

Thank you:ysmile:

I'm glad someone started this thread! Having IBD and having a daughter I can't imagine what parents of a child with IBD go through. I know one of my greatest concerns when my daughter was borne is that I may pass Crohns on to her.

I take some comfort knowing that if she does ever develop Crohns or any other IBD there is a fantastic support group here for me to talk to!

I'm going to stop typing now because I think Susan pretty much already covered it with her post.

My best wishes to you all!

:rosette2:Thank you Susan for the kind words. I too want to tell everyone that this is the most amazing forum on the whole Internet. Have kids and myself with other issues and have tried finding similar forums and cannot find another place like this one! So thanks for all you amazing people on here and the support and love! I know I would not have made it through some of the darkest days without you all!!!