• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Adult diapers

I just had surgery a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately I lost most of my ascending colon. Now I have water diarrhea. I only have about 30seconds to get to the bathroom. I will need to wear a diaper when I return to work. The only diapers I see are for incontinence. Long story short, I need diaper recommendations.
My dr. Did say my poop might get more solid at some point but says the time line is different for everyone. How long did it take you, if you had this?

Mine took a good 6 months to control.(right hemicolectomey and small bowel resection)
I found some good resources online i think autralia gov website,
I was told it can take up to 12 months, i do have control, but also frequent shall we say ‘non control’. Its still not a normal function, but better than before and better than the stricture.
Thry gave me bile acid meds but they had no effect and suggested codeine to bung things up but that and myself dont get along well.
Ive got the tenna super briefs and theyre pretty good and mostly very comfy.
Im not sure if youre in the uk, but you can self refer to the continence service.

Wishing you a good recovery