• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Advantages of Crohns...

Heyy, Its not all aches and mudslides. This has its perks.
Here are a few things I use my Crohns to an advantage with...

1. Getting out of last minute plans (that I really didn't want to do) :ybatty:
2. Opening a conversation to talk about poop or gas... :cool2:
3. An excuse to not eat something without insulting someone. :tongue:
4. Spending a ridiculous amount of money at Bath and Body Works! :dusty:

Id love to hear your advantages as well!
Share below! :ycool:

fuzzy butterfly

Hi ye pretty much the above mentioned ,but also
5. im really tired now, would you mind leaving now (outstayed their welcome guests):shifty-t:
6. oh im so sorry i can,t today, im having a toilet day :poo:
7. im so busy being ill, i cant help today :frown:
8. dont feel good today oh well maybe another time ( when i cant be bothered):whistleinnocently:
hope you can use some of these if you dont already :dusty::thumleft:
best wishes .......

fuzzy butterfly

Hi i agree you all are, btw have you seen my pic :ylol: :sign0085:is there a plastic surgeon on this site,i think the time has come;)

Hi i agree you all are, btw have you seen my pic :ylol: :sign0085:is there a plastic surgeon on this site,i think the time has come;)
Everyone has their flaws! I could use a plastic surgeon to remove a huge scar on my face, but why change how nature I am?
You are beautiful darling! Even more so, since you constantly deal with an internal struggle (ie: crohns)
Don't forget that!

I think you will see a big improvement if you put your picture in focus :ycool:

I will send the bill later.

fuzzy butterfly

Oh God no!! I would be banned from the site, why do think it was out of focus in the 1 St place....lol ;-) as for the bill, have you ever seen a dead bird fly :)

9. Having a reason to nap all day just because I feel lazy
10. My husband gets to get out of stuff as well..oh my wife isn't feeling well we can't make it
11. An excuse to eat junk food...hey that's all that goes down easy some days
12. Spending too much money on bathroom decorations. If I'm in there that much I want it to be decorated nicely damn it! Oh and with a comfy, squishy rug under my feet.
13. Spending money on the expensive super soft toilet paper. No questions asked.
14. Having the hubby cook dinner when I just don't feel well...or lazy ;)

I love this thread!! Just had a little giggle about it!
Crohnie's are positive if nothing else!! <3

I never run my own bath my mister does it for me because baths are the best when you're poorly (his words not mine)

fuzzy butterfly

aw kimbo, bless your fella, im sending him a medal :medal1: ..
may you both be blessed always with each other ..
take of yourselves, best wishes mandy :ghug:

aw kimbo, bless your fella, im sending him a medal :medal1: ..
may you both be blessed always with each other ..
take of yourselves, best wishes mandy :ghug:
Thank you Mandy he is wonderful... He too takes full advantage where he can with my crohns... He has to look after me as I'm too poorly (he never has to go to events he doesn't want to) x

fuzzy butterfly

Thank you Mandy he is wonderful... He too takes full advantage where he can with my crohns... He has to look after me as I'm too poorly (he never has to go to events he doesn't want to) x
:) no point having friends in high places if you cant enjoy the benefits :wink: try n keep well n keep your chin up, your a star hun :hug:

9. Having a reason to nap all day just because I feel lazy
12. Spending too much money on bathroom decorations. If I'm in there that much I want it to be decorated nicely damn it! Oh and with a comfy, squishy rug under my feet.
13. Spending money on the expensive super soft toilet paper. No questions asked.
Yes! I love my comfy bathroom rug. It goes from wall to wall, very little tile showing. Also good for napping on in desperate times.

Well, I have become a regular at the movie theater across the street from where I live.

All leather recliners, serves food and drinks right to your seat. Even if I don't feel well I can go over and see movie curl up with a blanket and i am good to go!

Ofcourse when I do go with my husband a good portion of the staff will ask how I am feeling and what i though of such and such movie and would I like the usual!!

Best invention EVER!!

Lauren

Never thought of Crohns in terms of benefits, but here goes - being slim for the first time in decades and clothes looking good on me once more (shame about the deathly-looking face, but you can't have everything!).

fuzzy butterfly

Oh no lizzie not another deathly looking face.. i av to look at one everyday. As you say you cant have it all, oh well.. 😃
Take care all. Hugs 💕