• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Advice about infusion

advice about infusion

hello all!

i have a remicade infusion scheduled for tomorrow morning.

my son apparently got a stomach bug saturday/sunday. i think i caught a milder version of it. late saturday got moderate cramping. sunday i felt better, today has been better than yesterday, pretty good for the most part, but i'm still not 100%. i haven't had vomiting or diarrhea, just the stomach cramping and i'm getting better everyday, but i wonder if i should hold off on the infusion til wed or thurs until i feel totally well.

any thoughts or advice?

rygon

I would go in and talk to your nurse / doctor. They will be able to decide what best. They could possibly have a blood test done urgently (took me about an hour) and see if you have an infection by this

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I personally would go ahead also - I've had infusions while fighting a cold (I downplayed my symptoms, and had NO fever)...also got one while dealing with an upper resp issue (no voice, god awful rash all over)...but the nurses at the apheresis unit at the time were pretty clueless anyway....

If I was running a fever, I would not have one done....

thanks for the advice everyone. i'm going in tomorrow. i don't have any fever/chills/diarrhea/vomiting. i actually just feel super gassy. i'll get a little crampy, burp a few minutes later and feel ok for a while. i think it might be hormonal. i had a really constipated period last week (never happens to me, just the opposite).
i called the gi and they said it shouldn't be an issue.

well, it was either hormonal and they've worked themselves out, or the bug has exited the building, because i've been fine for the last few hours. thank god!