• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Advice for upcoming camping trip?

My husband and I are leaving tomorrow for a week long camping trip to Zion National Park in Utah. We have been planning this trip for quite some time, as I had been in remission for over 3 years and never even gave it a second thought. Out of nowhere, in June, I began flaring. Things are pretty well under control with prednisone...bowel movements down to 5-6 per day with no super urgency. I think at this point I could handle that in the woods.

However, I have also developed an anal fissure that is extremely painful right now and it has me worried. I have a lot of leakage (mucous/blood and stool) in addition to the pain. I have a prescription topical nitroglycerin ointment from my doc that I am using, along with Calmoeptine and frequent sitz baths. But I am worried about how all of this is going to play out on a camping trip.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience to share or words of advice. Thanks in advance!

Sorry I don't have much advice other than things I am sure you have already thought of like bringing extra underwear and maybe panty liners just in case? I hope you are still able to enjoy your trip and have fun!