• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Advice needed.....

Hello,
I was Diagnosed with Crohns 3 years ago...iv had surgury to remove part of my bowel that was infected.. I had a stoma bag and that has since been reversed.. my diet is hard to control and i cannot decide on whats effecting me and what isnt.. i have alot of symtoms that occur on a daily basis like cramps, im in the toilet ALOT, my back and right can weaken or i can have alot of muscle spasms, recently iv just been feeling really down and finding it hard to manage with my crohns..im so afraid of relapsing to the stage i was at...this forum was recommended by a friend as i have no one to talk to about crohns issues..no one really understands...i would love to hear how you all cope on a daily basis...i am 21 and i feel like crohns is taking over my life...

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome! I am glad you decided to join. It does help speaking with others who know what you are going through.

I am new to having Crohn's; I was diagnosed last year. So, I am struggling with the day to day, as well. However, I just keep in mind that there are good days and there are bad days. I learn to really appreciate the good and cope with the bad.

On bad days, I take it easy, eat my "safe foods", and stay near a bathroom. I wish I had more advice thant that for you, but I am still trying to figure this out myself.

yea its really a day to day disease with me.. one morning can wake up fine then the next could be in bed all day with pains..

what are your common symtoms?

have u ever experienced weakness in your arms? my right arm gets really weak and i find i cant use it to lift things...is that a symtom of crohns?

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
No, I don't experience any weakness in my arms. However, a lot of people experience joint pain. My main symptoms are loose stools, mucus, urgency, rectal pain/pressure, and some abdominal pain. We are all so different as to what we experience. It makes this disease even more confusing.

Hi Eefs. I've had Crohn's since I was 18, and it is difficult in the beginning to deal with it. My friends would go out drinking and I couldn't handle alcohol. I remember spending one New Year's Eve in the hospital when I was in college and my friends stopped by before going out.

My symptoms have been pretty much the same over the years, with a few changes here and there. I get diarrhea, bad cramps, pain in my abdomen, back aches and extreme fatigue. And most of us have good and bad times. When I am in long term remissions, I can do anything anyone else can. The people here all understand what you are going through and seem like a great group. I hope it helps you.

yea i think my routine has gone a bit all over the place... summer holidays started and my friends are all going out and i think i tried to be like them but my symtoms have gotten worse cause of it...