• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Advice needed!!

Hi I'm looking for advice about my medication,I've been on mercaptopurune for 5 years but this year I've struggled with infections and have been hospitized a lot due to this.
My local gp has said it's probably due to my medication so I stopped my meds for a week to try and give my body a chance to fight this infection.
Has anyone else had this problem with immune suppressant medication??

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Hi Andy1982,

I'm sorry to do this to you, but you've given me little choice. The moderators have sent you multiple private messages, asking you not to start every single thread in the "Your Story" section of the forum. This section is mainly for new members to introduce themselves. All other types of threads should be posted in the other sections of the forum (support, treatment, etc). You haven't responded (or even read?) our private messages, so I'm responding to you here. Please respond and let me know that you have read and understand what I'm saying (you can respond in a PM if you'd like). Please also let me know if you need help understanding how to use the forum and what the other sections are, how to read and respond to PMs, etc. And please, refrain from posting new threads in Your Story as you are not a new member introducing yourself. If this continues I'll be forced to take further action (which may constitute a warning or even a ban) as your threads have been repeatedly reported for being started in this section of the forum when they'd be more appropriate elsewhere. Thank you!

Cat