• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Advice on entocort please...

Hi,

I have just started on entocort (9mg) for the first time and heard it can take longer than pred to get into your system? I was wondering for those that got side effects from entocort, how long it took for side effects to start? I had a bad run with many years on and off pred and am hoping entocort will treat me a little bit better.....

Thanks

M

I am in the same boat as you. I am recently diagnosed with crohn's. Was immediatly put on prednisone and hated it. I felt like I was wired all the time and could not sleep so I stopped it right away. Have been on entocort for about a week now and do not notice any of those symptoms so I am going to give it a short term try. To soon to give any real evaluation.

Entocort seems to calm inflammation like prendisone does but it just isn't as powerful. My experiences with entocort have been that it started a little after what prendisone would. I never really remember any side effects. Prendisone by far has given me the most side effects. I hope this treatment works for you!

Thanks for the replies.
I havent noticed any side effects yet... after a week and a half. Just hoping it stays that way, not sure when its safe to start relaxing!:)
I was on and off pred for the last 10years. I had colectomy n stoma reversal surgeries in 2011/2012. (It was finally confirmed as UC when the lab examined my colon) After nearly a year of on going issues I have now started treatment for Crohns. I was determined when crohns was suspected to not take pred again. I think my gastro doc must have got the strong vibe from me cause she went straight to entocort, (and azathiprine) I have never had entocort before so was hoping I will be lucky enough to have no major side effects...

M