• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Advice please/HELP

I was recently taken off aza which was replaced with nothing at the end of Jan.

Since then I have been experiencing pain, dirreohae.

Since beginning of March I have been in agony, dirreaohae which Is bright green, I have not eaten a thing.

I went to A&E on 8th March and they gave me morphine to deal with the pain, gave me an x ray and everything looked ok although my blood pressure was high due to the pain but they could not explain the pain. My blood results came back ok.

I still cant eat and am on morphine every 4 hours.

I have lost all faith in my consultant as she knows how important not being ill is as I am a single mother of a 5 and 3 year old and work full time. I just cant be ill.

I am seeing my GP tonight to be transferred to a different consultant in a different hospital but I have a feeling they are going to put me on steroids and I get so depressed on them.

My current consultant who took me on aza, just told me to stop dead has not seen any blood results in over a year.

I feel sick all the time although I have not been sick, possibly due to the fact I have not eaten anything as it hurts too much and just goes right through me. I am literally exhausted and in bed asleep by 8 o clock most night as I physically cannot stay awake any longer.

Anyone else had any alternative treatment apart from steroids as I really don't want them.

Please help. Im getting myself so worked up and the thought of steroids and being admitted just is not an option.

Thank you

S x

Why not simply get back on Imuran? It looks as though it's worked for you in the past. Short term steroid use might be unavoidable at this stage, just guessing based on the description of your symptoms. In the meantime, make sure to stay hydrated! Dehydration is no joke and it can easily creep up on you if you're consistently having diarrhea .

I have never been on Imuran and no one will give me any maintenance crohns drugs. I am now going private as fed up of being messed around.

I was on aza

I have been put on Entocort steroids by my GP but they do not seem to be helping, still feel exactly the same and in the sam amount of pain and dirreaheo.

Hello Stacey sorry you are having a hard time sending:ghug:your way. I know how you feel about steroids hubby was the same way said he would just start crying for nothing couldn't sleep etc.... Did they say why they wouldn't put you on any other maintenance medicine? You did the right thing requesting a new consultant.

If you are still in pain and the Entocort steroid is not working go back to the AE Please let us know how your New Consultant visit goes. I hope you are able to get some relief soon :ghug:

thanks for the hugs, you have no idea how much they are appreciated.

I was at hospital again last night as was in agony and they have given me some more pain relief, see my new consultant next Tuesday so hopefulluy get some help.

with maintenance meds they just said no!!

xx