• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Advice when to start prep?

Hello,

So I am due to have a colonoscopy on Sunday (yippee) at 1230 and I am going to be starting the dreaded prep Saturday. What I am unsure of is if I should take the first sachet In the morning or start in the afternoon as on the paperwork I received it says if you are scheduled an afternoon appointment start the prep later but it's 1230 so only just afternoon. What I don't want to happen is whilst travelling to the hospital suddenly have to try and find a loo, it's been so long since the last time I did this I can't remember how long it all goes on for.
So what do you all think? I am going to try and phone the hospital to clarify but it's a nightmare getting through to them so thought I would ask the experts.
Thank you

Thank you. I will follow the afternoon plan then and hope that it does the job in time. It's been nearly 7 years since the last colonoscopy so I have been lucky to get away with not having to do this for a while.